Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Miracle


Holland: beautiful and peaceful



This is so cool! Looks like a little blanket on the car.



I'm up and about again! Such a blessing to be out of bed.


After a long illness and operation, I have returned! It's Easter today, and I went out for a walk. It's snowing! Only the second time this winter, and absolutely amazing to see. I've spent a good portion of my life in places where snow just doesn't happen - so I feel the excitement in the air as if I was a child again when I get to experience this.





And yes, Mom, I am wearing, like, forty layers of warm clothing. I'm drinking lots of juice, and not overexerting myself.





The operation I had was to remove pre-cancerous cells from my cervix. I had the operation here in Holland, on Valentine's Day (which the Dutch do not celebrate) and it was... interesting. I learned there are many differences between American and Holland medicine and practices.





I'll write more about that later, after I've had a rest. For now, after over a month, the bleeding has almost completely stopped - and I'm feeling much more myself again. Just tired. It's been a difficult time, but who doesn't have that once in a while? A beautiful Easter to all.